- Cap Hit of Injured Players (CHIP) represents the per-game cap charge of a player missing a game through injury/illness, i.e. annual cap charge divided by 82 (data from capfriendly.com)
- There will be inconsistency between my numbers and “official” team man-games lost (MGL) figures due to teams' different reporting standards
- Injury absence data I have used comes from the player profile pages on tsn.ca
- Figures generally exclude minor league players (at my subjective discretion) who are often on teams’ IR lists at the start of each season, but include anyone who gets injured while on the active roster during the season
- Illnesses are included, but healthy scratches, suspensions, and absences due to “personal reasons” are excluded
- Games missed by players still under contract but either officially “retired” or out indefinitely with no prospect of a return (Dave Bolland, David Clarkson, Ryane Clowe, Pascal Dupuis, Andrew Ference, Johan Franzén, Mikhail Grabovski, Nathan Horton, Joffrey Lupul, Cody McCormick, Chris Pronger, Stéphane Robidas, Marc Savard, Joe Vitale) are included in team breakdowns (invisible as default view, however). They are excluded from team comparison charts.
- Team possession and PDO data comes from corsica.hockey